If you are looking to move to a state where you want to enjoy all the four seasons and a lot of summer days then South Dakota is the right choice for you. It is one of the most millennial-friendly states here in the US. It is also a tax-friendly place, thus making it a good choice for all business owners. They also do have a good job market, low cost of living, low housing cost, and low crime rates.
One of the most important things to remember while moving to South Dakota is that you will need someone who can help you move your belongings as well as your vehicle to this new state. So, if you are looking for something that can be reliable enough to move your vehicle from West Virginia to South Dakota then you can contact Ship A Car Inc. They are an experienced broker that has a huge network of carriers. They are an affordable, reliable, and worry-free nationwide vehicle shipping company.
Here are some points to keep in mind while moving to South Dakota:
- As we mentioned earlier, South Dakota has a very low cost of living and that is the reason you can save a lot of money while living here.
- Here you can get around 231 days of summer which is much better than any other national average.
- The average commuting time here in South Dakota is much shorter than the national average. Thus, giving you key perks to move here.
- The economy here is thriving, therefore you will see more job opportunities here.
- They do not levy any personal income tax. Even the sales tax here is much low than compared in any other country.
- As it has a very less population, you will not see any traffic as you see in big cities in the US. Thus, driving here is safe.
- For kids, it is a lovely and safe place. the mountains here are all climbable and the lakes are all clean. There are many other magical wonders stored for kids here.
- The healthcare facilities are all affordable here.
The housing market in South Dakota
The average cost of homes here in South Dakota is around $193, 700. It has been appreciated by around 34.3% in the last 10 years.
When it comes to renting here than you will see that around 28.3% of people are living here for rent. Also, around 1.7% of homes and apartments here are available for rent. The cost for rent can range anything from $541 to $1221 for studio apartments to 4-bedroom houses.
The little town named Spearfish has set a record for rapid temperature change. So, temperature fluctuations are very common here. On January 22, 1943, the temperature here had changed from -4 to 45 degrees in just 2 minutes.
South Dakota is a place for many different large companies and employers. This includes companies like Sanford Health, Black Hills, Monument Health, Daktronics, and many more.
So, the unemployment rate here is very less i.e., an average of 3.3%. Over the last few years, the job rates have also grown by 1.2%.
Thus, to conclude South Dakota is one of the best places to live with crime rates also very low.